Chicken and Seafood in Tomato White Wine Sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips 500 g
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomatoes
- 1/3 cup white wine 75 mL
- 2 tsp paprika 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp saffron 1 mL
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces 250 g
- 1/2 cup medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined 125 mL
- 12 clams, scrubbed (optional)
- 1/2 cup lobster meat (optional) 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped green olives 30 mL
- 1. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute until chicken is just cooked through, and juices run clear, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to plate and set aside.
- 3. Add garlic and onion to pan and sauté until onion is transparent. Add tomatoes, white wine, paprika and saffron. Let simmer about 10 minutes.
- 4. Add green beans, shrimp and clams. Continue to cook, covered, for 3 minutes.
- 5. Stir in lobster meat and olives.
- Tip: Serve with brown rice
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Beer Battered Fish and Chips
Canola oil is a great choice for high heat cooking. It has one of the highest smoke points of all commonly used vegetable oils at 468 °F (242 °C).
Cod Fish with Potatoes, Fennel and Carrots
Enjoy this seafood and vegetable dinner with simple ingredients and instructions, but with the taste and look of a restaurant meal.