- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 375 mL
- 2/3 cups canola oil 150 mL
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla 10 mL
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour 650 mL
- 2/3 cups cocoa 150 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- 2 tsp baking soda 10 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 2 cups boiling water 500 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. In large bowl, beat sugar, canola oil, eggs and vanilla for 4 minutes. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with boiling water to sugar mixture. Beat well after each addition.
- 3. Pour into oiled and floured 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) cake pan. Bake 40 minutes,or until cake springs back to the touch.
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Banana Chocolate Chip Brownies
The perfect recipe to do with kids! You only need one big bowl and a spoon. Bananas and canola oil make these the moistest, richest, chocolaty brownies ever! Yummy!
Chocolate Orange Pudding Cake
Check out the baking section of our website to learn how to convert your solid baking recipes to canola oil.
Chocolate War Cake
War cake, popularized in the U.S. during World War II, is made without eggs or milk, which were hard to get at the time. The recipe has stuck around all these years because it is moist, chocolaty and a cinch to make. It just happens to be vegan as well, so it is ideal for those with dietary restrictions. Making war cake with canola oil and half whole-grain pastry flour makes it better for you with a taste worth "fighting for".