Creamy Chicken Meatball Alphabet Soup
- 2 Tbsp canola mayonnaise 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1 mL
- 1/2 lb lean ground chicken 250 g
- 3/4 cup alphabet pasta 175 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 cup chopped onion 250 mL
- 1 cup chopped celery 250 mL
- 1 cup chopped carrots 250 mL
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth 2 L
- 1 can (28 oz / 796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz / 170 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tsp Italian spice 10 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. In bowl, combine canola mayonnaise, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and chicken; mix well. Shape into bite-size balls and arrange in 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33-cm) baking dish. Bake meatballs in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, rinse, drain and set aside.
- 3. In large saucepan, heat canola oil and sauté onion, celery and carrots for about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute longer. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste and Italian spice; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. With hand blender or food processor, blend soup until smooth. Add pasta and meatballs. Reheat and serve.
1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Rustic Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Crostini
This hearty soup combines tomatoes with the classic flavors of basil, garlic, onions and red peppers for a comforting meal. The grilled cheese crostini offers the same taste as the classic sandwich, but with fewer calories and carbohydrates since its open-faced.