Protein Powered Hummus
- 1 can (15-oz/426 mL) no salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, divided
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 medium chipotle chili pepper (packed in adobo sauce)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 45 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided 60 mL
- 1/3 cup water 75 mL
- 1. In food processor, combine chickpeas, 3 hard-boiled eggs, canola oil, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, cumin, salt and all but 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cilantro. Purée until smooth, adding up to 1/3 cup (75 mL) water for desired consistency.
- 2. In shallow serving bowl, add hummus. Slice remaining egg into wedges and garnish with remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cilantro.
2 1/2 cups (625 mL)
3 Tbsp (45 mL)
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
A vibrant take on a Mediterranean classic, this unique hummus uses beets to add tangy taste and vivid color. Canola oil adds a smooth and light texture to this creamy dip.
Grilled Portobello Loaf with Basil Hummus
Toasted bread envelops mushrooms and protein-packed hummus in this unique, vegetarian sandwich.
Vegetarian Greek Pizza Flatbread & Spinach Sauté
Quick and flavorful, this flatbread is topped with nutritious veggies and classic Greek ingredients such as feta and olives. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance stands up well to sautéing and baking, plus its neutral taste lets the recipe’s fresh and vibrant flavors shine. Garlicky spinach on the side rounds out the meal.