Salmon with Cilantro Crust
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and deveined 15 mL
- 4 (4 oz/125 g) salmon fillets
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. In small bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro and serrano or jalapeño pepper.
- 3. Season salmon with salt. Spread honey over top of salmon fillet. Then firmly press cilantro mix into honey.
- 4. In oven-safe skillet or on grill, sear salmon just on skin side. Finish salmon in oven for 10 minutes or until fish just starts to flake.
1 salmon fillet
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Salmon with Mango Chutney
Here is a quick and easy meal with a gourmet taste. Both the salmon and canola oil are good sources of omega-3 fat, which may help protect the heart.
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Creamy Dill Caper Sauce
This dish takes Eggs Benedict to new heights with silky, smoked salmon and a creamy sauce laced with dill and capers. Full of decadent flavor and so much healthier than traditional Hollandaise, the sauce made with canola oil is a heavenly alternative.