White Fish with Herb Duxelles
- 1 package (8oz/225g) fresh mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley 30 mL
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs 175 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 can (14oz/398 mL) low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 15 mL
- 1 1/2 lb white fish fillets, about 4 oz/125 g each 750g
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 ⁰F (200 ⁰C).
- 2. In food processor, mince mushrooms until finely chopped. In large, dry saucepan, cook mushrooms over medium heat until moisture is gone and mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat and add shallots, green onions, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and canola oil. Mix well. Set duxelles mixture aside.
- 4. In a lightly oiled 9x13-inch (22x33-cm) baking pan, spread crushed tomatoes . Stir in balsamic vinegar. Place fish fillets on top of tomatoes. Spoon duxelles mixture over fish, covering fillets.
- 5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork and mushroom mixture is lightly browned.
1 fish fillet
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Crispy Tempura Cod over Napa Cabbage Slaw
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef Instructor Almir Da Fonseca.