Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- 5 cups pecan or walnut halves (1 lb) 1.25L
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin 15 mL
- 1 tsp each chili powder and ground coriander 5 mL
- 3/4 tsp salt 4 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp each cinnamon, cloves and cayenne pepper 1 mL
- 1. In boiling water, blanch pecan halves for 1 minute; drain well. Transfer immediately to large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with oil; toss to coat well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. On greased foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, spread pecans in single layer. Bake in 325 °F (160 °C) oven, turning every 5 minutes for about 25 minutes or until nuts are crisp and slightly darkened.
- 3. Meanwhile, in metal cake pan or other heatproof pan, combine cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne. In oven, toast along side nuts for 5 minutes. Dump nuts into large bowl; sprinkle with spices and toss to coat well. Spread in single layer on baking sheet to cool. Store in airtight containers for up to two weeks.
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Banana Chocolate Chip Brownies
The perfect recipe to do with kids! You only need one big bowl and a spoon. Bananas and canola oil make these the moistest, richest, chocolaty brownies ever! Yummy!
Black and White Cookies
This iconic cookie, which has been around for almost a century, has become a symbol of New York City as it is still found in just about every deli and many bake-shops there.