Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Caramel Sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed 250 mL
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 2 tsp vanilla 10 mL
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored and chopped 750 mL
- 3 cups all-purpose flour 750 mL
- 1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 2 tsp cinnamon 10 mL
- 1 tsp nutmeg 5 mL
- 3/4 cup buttermilk 175 mL
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour 30 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola margarine 45 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
- 1/4 cup milk 60 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Oil and flour 10-inch fluted tube or Bundt pan.
- 2. In bowl, beat eggs, sugar and brown sugar until combined. Add canola oil, vanilla and chopped apples. Mix thoroughly to combine, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl.
- 3. In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to batter in three additions, alternating with buttermilk in two additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- 4. Pour batter into tube pan. Bake in center of oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until wooden skewer inserted into center comes out clean, and cake is just beginning to pull away from sides of pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack about 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack. While cake is cooling, prepare sauce.
- 5. To prepare Carmel Sauce: In saucepan, mix together brown sugar, flour, margarine, vanilla and milk. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to rolling boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Spoon sauce over cake, letting it dribble down sides. Allow cake to cool completely before cutting and serving or wrapping and storing.
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Baked, Spiced Applesauce Doughnuts
Baked doughnuts are so simple and full of flavor, plus light and tender with the use of canola oil. They are a nice change from your regular breakfast muffin. Note this recipe will require a special doughnut pan.
Spiced Apple Ginger Cake
Check out the baking section of the website to learn how to convert your solid baking recipes to canola oil.