Honolulu Barbeque Marinade
- 1 knob fresh ginger (about 4-inches/ 10 cm long)
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice 375 mL
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce 75 mL
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste 1 mL
- 1. Grate unpeeled ginger on large holes of a grater. Gather grated ginger and squeeze juice into a small bowl. Measure out 1 Tbsp (15 mL) ginger juice. Discard grated pulp.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together measured ginger juice, pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, canola oil and salt. Boil half of mixture for 5 minutes to use as sauce; use remaining mixture to marinate chicken, pork or beef overnight and meaty fish such as tuna, salmon and swordfish for 1 hour. Discard marinade after using.
- 3. Grill over medium heat. Drizzle with sauce before serving.
About 2 cups (500 mL)
2 tsp (10 mL)
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Mint Lemonade Marinade
Canola oil has the light texture and taste required to maintain the fresh citrusy flavors of this marinade.