Chewy Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated (tub) canola oil margarine 60 mL
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 175 mL
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats 375 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 cup fresh blueberries 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. In large bowl, beat margarine, oil and brown sugar until creamy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3. Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt and stir until almost combined; add blueberries and stir just until blended.
- 4. Drop large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until set around edges but still soft in middle.
- 5. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Tips: This cookie dough freezes well, if you dont want to bake a whole batch at once. Drop spoonfuls on a parchment-lined baking sheet; freeze, then transfer into freezer bags to store frozen for up to 6 months. When ready to bake, let thaw on the cookie sheet as the oven preheats, then bake as directed.
1 1/2 to 2 dozen cookies
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Try these moist and chewy gingersnaps made with canola oil to significantly lower saturated fat content.