Romaine Pecan Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted 175 mL
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup vinegar 60 mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 1/2 small red onion 1/2
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1 tsp dry mustard 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp water 30 mL
- 1. Place lettuce, pecans and oranges in a salad bowl.
- 2. Combine vinegar, sugar, canola oil, red onion, salt, mustard and water in a blender or food processor. Blend until dressing forms a creamy white consistency.
- 3. Pour 1/2 of the salad dressing on the salad. Save the remainder in the refrigerator for up to three days for another salad or use as a dip.
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|