Mixed Berry, Cucumber and Mint Salad with Lime Dressing
- Lime Dressing
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 tsp honey mustard 5 mL
- 2 cups hulled and quartered fresh strawberries 500 mL
- 1 cup fresh blackberries 250 mL
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded and chopped into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint 10 mL
- 4 large butter or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. In large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add strawberries, blackberries, cucumber and mint, tossing to coat.
- 2. Arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates. Spoon strawberry mixture onto lettuce leaves and serve.
- Tips: Strawberries and black pepper work well together. For added flavor, put 1/4 tsp ground black pepper in the dressing. The strawberries and blackberries can be swapped for other fruits try raspberries and blueberries for variety. To make this a complete meal, add grilled or roasted chicken breast or grilled or steamed shrimp. And for a more savory version of the salad, add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or whole green onions.
1 cup (250 mL) strawberry mixture with dressing, 1 lettuce leaf
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Artichoke and Spinach Rotini Salad with Tuna
This is an interesting alternative to traditional pasta salad with a ton of great vegetables and flavors to satisfy any palate.