Roasted Veggies with Pasta and Feta
- 1 medium green bell pepper, 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved and cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup grape tomatoes 250 mL
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled only
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 4 oz uncooked whole grain penne 125 g
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil 60 mL
- 1/2 can (15-oz/433 mL) no-salt-added navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled 175 mL
- 1. In a slow cooker, combine bell peppers, squash, onion, tomatoes, garlic cloves and canola oil. Toss until well coated and cover bottom of slow cooker with vegetables. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3½ hours or until tender, or on low setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- 2. About 20 minutes before serving, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt or fat. Drain in colander. Place in a large pasta bowl.
- 3. Stir basil, beans, and olives into vegetable mixture and spoon over pasta. Sprinkle evenly with feta.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Chicken and Mango in a Warm Coconut Sauce
A different and delightful way to enjoy mango. If desired, cubes of pre-roasted squash or pumpkin can be used in place of the mango.
Crunchy Wild Rice Salad with Blackberry Dressing
Prepare the wild rice up to 2 days in advance to make quick work of this gorgeous salad. A perfect accompaniment to any grilled or roasted meat, also a lovely side in a packed lunch. Serve warm or cold.