Breakfast On the Go Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar 250 mL
- 1/4 cup 7-grain hot cereal 60 mL
- 1 cup rolled oats 250 mL
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 1 cup whole wheat flour 250 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda 7 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking powder 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 tsp allspice 5 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup applesauce 60 mL
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds 60 mL
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds 60 mL
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries 75 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. In large bowl, stir together sugar, cereal, rolled oats, flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and allspice.
- 3. Make well in center and pour in canola oil, applesauce, egg whites and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Stir in sunflower seeds, almonds and cherries. Roll cookies into golf ball-size balls. Place cookies 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto prepared cookie sheets and flatten to 1/2-inch (1.3-cm) thickness with wet hands.
- 4. In preheated oven, bake 8 minutes for chewy cookies. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks. They store well in freezer.
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Almond Cherry Biscotti with Citrus
Italian for "biscuit," biscotti are twice baked for extra crispiness.
Fill several small snack bags with this healthy granola to have on hand when you need a quick pick-me-up.