Asian Shrimp Soup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1-2 Tbsp red curry paste 15-30 mL
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce 15 mL
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth 2 L
- 1 cup Shitake mushrooms 250 mL
- 2 cups chopped Chinese cabbage 500 mL
- 2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger 30 mL
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, sliced (for garnish)
- 1. In saucepan, sauté garlic, onion, carrot and celery in canola oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in curry paste, soy sauce, chicken broth and bring to boil over high heat.
- 3. Add Shitake mushrooms, Chinese cabbage and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes and add shrimp. Cover and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Serve in soup bowls and garnish with green onion.
1 1/2 cup (375 mL)
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Crêpes with Shrimp, Spinach and Herb Filling
These scrumptious, savory crêpes are easy to make and will bring an elegant flair to your special brunch menu. Using canola oil in the crêpe batter rather than butter and replacing some of the white flour with whole-grain flour makes the crêpes healthier without sacrificing their rich, decadent taste.
Ginger Shrimp With Gai Lan
Canola oil's mild flavor make it a great choice for recipes that you want the flavours of the ingredients to shine through.