- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 tsp cumin seeds 5 mL
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger 15 mL
- 1 tsp curry powder 5 mL
- 2 tsp garam masala 10 mL
- 1 can (28 fl oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 cans (19 fl oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice 30 mL
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro 60 mL
- 1. In saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat and sauté cumin seeds for about 1 minute.
- 2. Add onion, ginger, curry powder and garam masala, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and lemon juice.
- 4. Using spatula, scrape bottom of pan to get all cooking juices. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5. Serve hot with basmati rice, naan bread or dosa. Garnish with cilantro.
1 1/2 cup (375 mL)
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Confetti Pie with Cornmeal Crust
Don't be daunted by the long list of ingredients - this dish goes together in a flash. And, using canola oil means that this high fiber meal is made with healthy fats.
Grilled Portobello Loaf with Basil Hummus
Toasted bread envelops mushrooms and protein-packed hummus in this unique, vegetarian sandwich.