- 1 lime, juice and finely grated rind
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pickled banana pepper 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp pickled banana pepper liquid 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce 30 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb beef flank, inside round or sirloin steak 500 g
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 sweet red or yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 tsp chili powder 5 mL
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- salsa of your choice
- 1. Combine grated rind and juice from lime, banana peppers and liquid, Worchestershire and half the garlic in large sealable freezer bag.
- 2. Pierce beef all over with fork and add to bag; refrigerate 8 to 12 hours. Discard marinade.
- 3. Grill steak using medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side for rare. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across grain.
- 4. Meanwhile, toss vegetables with oil, remaining garlic and chili powder. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Tuck steak and vegetables into warm pitas and top with salsa of your choice.
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Bulgogi is a Korean term for marinated, barbecued beef. Here its tossed with spices, canola oil and vegetables. Wrap it up in lettuce leaves to make mini bulgogi bites.
Chilaquiles are not only fun to pronounce, they are fun to eat, too! Toasted tortillas serve as the base of the dish and the rest of the ingredients are poured on top. Choose your garnishes and eat up!