Green Beans and Chayote Chilate
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dry guajillo chile, deveined, seeded, soaked in hot water
- 3 dry chipolte chile, deveined, seeded and soaked in hot water
- 8 tomatoes or tomatillos, cored and diced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock 500 mL
- 3 cups green beans, sliced into short lengths 750 mL
- 2 cups peeled and diced chayotes or potatoes 500 mL
- 1 sprig epazote or oregano
- 2 tsp salt 10 mL
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1. In medium skillet, heat canola oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chopped chiles and tomatoes to onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add stock, green beans, chayotes, epazote and salt. Cook until beans and chayotes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Serve with corn tortillas.
1 1/2 cup (375 mL)
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Barra Vieja Beach Styled Shrimp
Cooking shrimp is fast and easy with the high heat tolerance of canola oil.
Citrus Chili Pork Roast
Do not completely eliminate hot pepper because results will not be as intended.