Grilled Baby Artichokes with Lemon Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon
- 16 baby artichokes
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- Lemon-Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp minced shallots 15 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
- 2 tsp liquid honey 10 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped capers 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives 30 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1. Fill large bowl with cold water. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into water followed by squeezed lemon halves. With artichokes, snap off bottom three rows of outer leaves or any dry, tough ones. Leave part of stems if desired. Cut tips from artichokes and halve lengthwise. Place in lemon water to prevent browning.
- 2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add artichokes and boil until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove and place into ice-water bath. Drain well to dry. Heat barbecue to medium heat. Brush artichokes with canola oil and grill until tender and charred in spots, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer to serving platter.
- 3. To make Lemon-Caper Vinaigrette: In bowl, combine all ingredients. Drizzle some vinaigrette over artichokes, reserving extra to serve on side. Serve artichokes warm or at room temperature.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Artichoke and Spinach Rotini Salad with Tuna
This is an interesting alternative to traditional pasta salad with a ton of great vegetables and flavors to satisfy any palate.
Artichokes with Mustard Tarragon Vinaigrette
Add some zing to your artichokes with this mustard tarragon vinaigrette. Canola oil-based dressings stay free-flowing in the refrigerator thanks to the oil’s low saturated fat content.