Harvest Bruschetta Pasta
- 9 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion 125 mL
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil 125 mL
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped oregano 60 mL
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley 60 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1 lb penne noodles 500g
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled 250 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Slice tomatoes in half, squeeze out all the juice and seeds. Chop tomatoes and place in large bowl. Stir in canola oil and garlic. Add green pepper, onion, basil, oregano and parsley to tomato mixture.
- 2. In a pot add 1 tsp (5 mL) salt to pasta water. Cook pasta, drain and turn into tomato mixture. Add cheese and toss until evenly distributed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Angel Wings Pasta
Second Place Winner of the Be a Star! Be a Winner! with Canola Oil Paralympics Recipe Contest.
Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta Salad
Prepare in advance for the ultimate flavor. It only gets better with time!