Lemon Vanilla Bean Canola Oil Pound Cake With Raspberry Sauce
- 3/4 cup canola oil 175 mL
- 2 vanilla beans, split and seeded (reserve pods and seeds)
- 4 Tbsp lemon zest 60 mL
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 625 mL
- 1 cup cake flour 250 mL
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar 425 mL
- 1 Tbsp baking powder 15 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted 30 mL
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk 175 mL
- Raspberry Sauce
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries 750 mL
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier liqueur 125 mL
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar 75 mL
- 1/3 cup orange juice 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp orange zest 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp sea salt 2 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1. In small saucepan, heat canola oil to 140 °F (60 °C). Remove from heat and add vanilla bean pods, seeds and lemon zest. Let canola oil return to room temperature. Remove bean pods.
- 2. For pound cake: In medium bowl, sift together flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In mixing bowl, whisk together flavored canola oil, butter, eggs and milk.
- 4. Add canola oil mixture to dry ingredients and combine well.
- 5. Divide batter into two greased 9 x 5-inch (22 x 12.5-cm) loaf pans. Bake at 350 °F (180 °C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tester inserted into loaves comes out clean.
- 6. For sauce: In large bowl, combine raspberries, liqueur, sugar, orange juice, zest and salt. Mix well until sugar dissolves.
- 7. Strain through fine strainer into second bowl, pressing mixture with back of spoon. Discard raspberry seeds.
- 8. Pour mixture into blender and over low speed. Gradually add canola oil a little at a time until sauce is well emulsified. Serve sauce over pound cake.
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|