Pasta With Mushrooms and Asparagus
- 1 cup fresh asparagus chopped in 3 cm pieces 250 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped thinly
- 2 ¼ cup crimini mushrooms in small cubes 560 mL
- 7 oz fusilli pasta 200 g
- ¾ tsp salt 4 mL
- 1 tsp black pepper 5 mL
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated 125 mL
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper 5 mL
- In a saucepan, boil asparagus in salted water for 2 minutes. Strain and cool with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a medium sized saucepan, add garlic and mushrooms, cook until liquid from mushrooms is consumed. Add asparagus to mushrooms, heat and sauté with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile. cook pasta according to package instructions. Strain pasta when it’s al dente and add it to vegetables. Add a bit of the liquid from cooking pasta, if desired.
- Serve with parmesan and cayenne pepper
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta Salad
Prepare in advance for the ultimate flavor. It only gets better with time!
Penne with Chickpeas, Spinach and Roasted Asparagus
This recipe is delicious warm or cold, and made for leftovers. The addition of chickpeas gives it some heft and canola oil blends all of the flavors nicely.
Tuna Stir-fry Over Whole Wheat Vermicelli
Using cubed tuna in a stir-fry is unusual in a fantastic way. Combined with fresh veggies, edamame and whole-wheat pasta, this dish is teeming with nutrients and fiber. Because small batches are made at a time, stir-fries are a great way to cook for one, four or eight