Peanut Satay Sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste 15 mL
- 2/3 cup natural, smooth peanut butter 150 mL
- 1/2 cup water 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce 15 mL
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk 125 mL
- 3 Tbsp chopped, roasted peanuts 45 mL
- 1. In saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat.
- 2. Add ginger and curry paste and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3. Stir in peanut butter, water, brown sugar and soy sauce. Mix until well combined.
- 4. Add lime juice and coconut milk. Mix until smooth.
- 5. In bowl, place sauce and garnish with chopped peanuts.
1 2/3 cups (400 mL)
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Pork Chops with Peanut Satay Sauce
This pork in a Thai-style marinade has hints of coconut, chile and curry. Canola oil in the accompanying peanut satay sauce gives it a lighter texture while letting classic flavors shine.