Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Balsamic Mushrooms
- 8 (4 oz/125 g) boneless center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 30 mL
- 12 oz sliced Portobello mushrooms 350 g
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp water 30 mL
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 10 mL
- 1 tsp sugar 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions 30 mL
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of pork with pepper.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook pork 4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- 3. Cook Once Eat Twice: Reserve remaining 4 pork chops for Pressed Pepperoncini-Pork Sandwiches. Cool and refrigerate.
- 4. In skillet, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat; tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Cook mushrooms 4–5 minutes or until tender and juices begin to release, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt; cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Place over pork, cover to keep warm.
- 5. To pan residue, add vinegar, water, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 1/2–2 minutes or until reduced to 2 Tbsp (30 mL), scraping bottom and sides of skillet. Drizzle sauce over the pork and mushrooms. Sprinkle with onions.
- Cook Once Eat Twice Recipe Collection
4 servings; total of 8 (3 oz/90 g) cooked pork chops and 3 cups (750 mL) mushroom mixture
3 oz (90 g) cooked pork and 3/4 cup (175 mL) mushroom mixture
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|