Pressed Pepperoncini-Pork Sandwiches
- 12 oz crusty French bread, unsliced* 350 g
- 2/3 cup pepperoncini slices 150 mL
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 60 mL
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar 20 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano 7 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried pepper flakes 1 mL
- Reserved pork from Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Balsamic Mushrooms**
- 3 slices ultra-thin sliced Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1. Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick shell.
- 2. Place the pork on the bottom half of the bread. In a bowl, combine pepperoncini, tomato, onion, garlic, canola oil, vinegar, oregano, and pepper flakes. Spoon pepperoncini mixture and any accumulated juices on top of the pork, and top with the cheese.
- 3. Cover with top half of loaf. Press down firmly to flatten the sandwich and allow the flavors and juices to absorb. Cut filled loaf crosswise into 4 equal pieces. (May cut each serving in half diagonally, if desired.)
- Links: Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Balsamic Mushrooms
3 oz (90 g) cooked pork, about 1/3 cup (75 mL) pepperoncini mixture, and 2 oz (60 g) bread
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
Pork Long Leaf Lettuce Wraps
This crisp and refreshing dish packs together the perfect mix of crunch, spice and sweetness in a wrap with diced pork, juicy pineapple chunks and dry roasted peanuts. As a part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, this dish is repurposed from our Pork & Petite Peppers with Fresh Ginger Hot Sauce recipe.
Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Balsamic Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms cooked with a sweet balsamic glaze make a delicious pairing with tender and juicy roasted pork loin. As part of our Cook Once, Eat Twice collection, the leftovers can be given new life as Pressed Pepperoncini-Pork Sandwiches the next day.