Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
- 4 cups whole wheat flour 1 L
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 7 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 2 1/3 cups buttermilk 575 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Prepare 9 x 5 x 3-inch (23 x 12 x 7-cm) loaf pan.
- 2. In large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix together and make a well in center. Add buttermilk and oil. Stir until just moistened.
- 3. Add dough to loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour. Remove loaf from pan and let cool on wire rack.
1 loaf (16 slices)
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Banana Bread with Chocolate Drizzle
This easy banana bread seems too good to be true. It is incredibly moist, bursting with flavor and luxuriously drizzled with melted chocolate.
Caramelized Onion and Garlic Soup
This delicious soup is the essence of comfort food: caramelized onions and garlic topped with toasted bread and melted cheese. Roasting the garlic first as the onions caramelize gives it a head start. Canola oil’s neutral taste won’t interfere with these heady aromatics.