Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise 500g
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and sliced lengthwise 500g
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 15 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare carrots and parsnips. Place in large plastic bag.
- 2. Combine honey, canola oil, garlic and rosemary in a small bowl. Mix well. Pour into plastic bag and shake to coat vegetables.
- 3. Empty carrots and parsnips on a foil-lined roasting pan. Roast at 350F (180 C) for 45-60 minutes, turning once or twice, until vegetables are tender and nicely browned.
6 to 8 servings
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Chili Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasting vegetables in a little canola oil brings out new depths of flavor.
High Roasted Onions
Not all vegetable oils are the same. Canola oil not only has a high smoke point, it is also heart-healthy.