Salmon with Mango Chutney
- 1/3 cup orange juice 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp finely minced ginger 15 mL
- 2 tsp canola oil 10 mL
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce 10 mL
- 6 salmon fillets (4 oz / 125 g each)
- 2 Tbsp hot mango chutney 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp orange juice 15 mL
- 1. In shallow bowl or re-sealable plastic bag, combine 1/3 cup (75 mL) orange juice, ginger, canola oil and soy sauce. Completely coat salmon fillets with orange juice mixture. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours. Remove salmon and discard marinade.
- 2. In small sauce pan or microwave-safe small bowl, combine mango chutney and remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) orange juice; warm to liquefy chutney.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 ºF (190 ºC). Lightly spray baking sheet with canola oil cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on baking sheet. Brush with chutney mixture.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with fork.
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Orange Soy Marinated Salmon
The marinade in this recipe blends together traditional ingredients found in teriyaki sauce such as soy sauce, garlic and ginger, but adds orange juice and chili flakes for a twist. Canola oil showcases these ingredients beautifully while protecting the salmon on the grill.
Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf
Health professionals recommend increasing the intake of omega 3 fatty acids from foods such as salmon, trout, walnuts and canola oil.