Simple Canola Oil Pastry
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 2/3 cup canola oil 150 mL
- 3 Tbsp cold 1% milk 45 mL (or as needed)
- 1. In a bowl, add combine flour, sugar and salt.
- 2. Blend canola oil and milk together in a smaller bowl, and add to dry mixture. Stir ingredients together until dough forms pea crumbs, taking care not to over-stir.
- 3. Place crumbly dough mixture into pie pan, using fingers to press dough into bottom and sides of pie pan so that the dough is evenly distributed. Flute dough around the rim of the pie pan with your fingers, then chill for 20 minutes.
- 4. Prick dough with fork to add small air vents. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
1- 9 inch (21 cm) pie crust
1/8th of pie crust
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Cherry Pie Bites
Orange juice and zest make these fun-sized cherry pies a refreshing, tangy dessert. With canola oil, these treats are better-for-you than traditional pies.