Strip Steak, Chile and Onion Tacos
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced into strips
- 4-5 top loin strip steaks, about 16 oz (500 g), sliced into strips
- 8 pearl or chambray onions
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 chipotle chiles, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper 2 mL
- 2 green chiles, sliced into strips
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup (about 1/2 can) fat-free refried beans 250 mL
- 1. In sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, sliced onion and beef and sauté 5 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness. Add pearl onions, tomatoes and chipotle chiles. Add green chiles and season with pepper.
- 2. Warm tortillas, spread refried beans evenly on each, add sautéed mixture and fold into tacos. Serve with guacamole.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Fish Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Since experts recommend eating seafood at least twice a week, take a break from the standby beef taco and go fish! See the recipe video below.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Citrus Slaw
Canola oil's mild flavor make it a great choice for recipes that you want the flavours of the ingredients to shine through.