Tangy Beef Stew
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 60 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 2 lb stewing beef, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes 1 kg
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 cup water 250 mL
- 1/2 cup ketchup 125 mL
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 60 mL
- 1/4 cup vinegar 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce 15 mL
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, cut in strips
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1. In bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat beef with flour mixture.
- 2. In large skillet, heat canola oil and brown meat on all sides.
- 3. In another bowl, combine water, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir into browned meat. Add onion; cover. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining vegetables. Cook until meat and vegetables are tender, approximately 45 minutes.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Chunky Chicken, Vegetable and Rosemary Stew
Here's a great one-pot meal to warm and soothe a hungry, weary body after a hard workout. By using chicken, vegetables and beans, this stew provides a serving of high-quality protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytonutrients. Canola oil is a good source of healthy fats.
Curried Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew
This stew is perfect year-round, although it's most appreciated on a cold winter night!