Traditional Pan-Fried Trout
- 2 lb lbs whole fresh trout fillets 1 kg
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat or all-purpose flour 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper 1 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp milk 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- lemon and parsley, optional garnishes
- 1. On a plate, mix flour with pepper for dredging the fish.
- 2. Place milk in bowl, dip trout in milk and then place on plate to coat with flour on both sides.
- 3. In large saucepan, heat canola oil to medium-high. Place fish in pan and fry for approximately 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- 4. Allow fish to stand in pan for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and serve with baked potatoes and steamed vegetables, if desired.
4 oz / 125 g fish
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf
Health professionals recommend increasing the intake of omega 3 fatty acids from foods such as salmon, trout, walnuts and canola oil.
Broiled Trout with Lemon Oil & Oven-Grilled Vegetables
The star of this recipe is delicious lemon canola oil, which should be a staple in any pantry. It may be used on fish, in salad dressings, on roasted vegetables and just about anywhere you would use canola oil. Here, it makes this simply prepared broiled trout with vegetables a tasty weekday meal.