Zesty White Bean and Turkey Chili
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 2/3 cups chopped onions 650 mL
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/3 cup seeded and minced jalapeño peppers 75 mL
- 6 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth 1.5
- 3 cans (15 oz/426 mL each) great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey breast 500 mL
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels 375 mL
- 2 tsp ground cumin 10 mL
- 1 tsp minced ancho chile pepper 5 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice 7 mL
- 2 tsp finely minced fresh cilantro 10 mL
- 1. In large Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté 5 minutes. Add jalapeño pepper and sauté until onions are tender.
- 2. Add chicken broth, white beans, turkey and corn. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cumin and ancho chile pepper. Simmer 35 minutes.
- 4. Stir in lime juice and simmer additional 5 minutes.
- 5. Stir in fresh cilantro immediately before serving.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.3 g|