Creamy Beef, Mushrooms and Noodles
This is a healthier version of beef stroganoff. Canola mayonnaise adds moisture, creaminess, and flavor to the dish without guilt
- 1 cup (4 oz/125 g) dry no-yolk egg noodles 250 mL
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise 60 mL
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (or 1/4 cup water and 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar) 60 mL
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules 10 mL
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, or to taste 2 mL
- 3 tsp canola oil, divided 15 mL
- 3/4 lb boneless sirloin steak, very thinly sliced 350 g
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions 250 mL
- 1 package (8 oz/250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt or fat.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together canola mayonnaise, sherry, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Cook beef 3 minutes and set aside on a separate plate. Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil, add onions, and cook 5 minutes or until just beginning to richly brown, stirring frequently. Scrape onions to one side of the skillet, add remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil, and add mushrooms. Cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown on the edges, stirring frequently. Add beef and any accumulated juices. Cook 30 seconds or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 4. Remove from heat and stir in canola mayonnaise mixture until well blended. Serve over drained noodles. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired.
3/4 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup noodles
|Gras saturés||1.5 g|
Beef Tenderloin and Portobellos with Marsala Sauce
Marsala wine and spicy pepper flakes elevate this dish to steakhouse quality.
Cabbage Roll Casserole
This casserole provides all the flavor of cabbage rolls without the work of rolling them! Canola oil helps keep saturated fat content low.
Yucatan Spiced Skirt Steak
Lime, garlic and chilies are ingredients synonymous with Mexico. Skirt steak is the cut of beef mainly used in fajitas and renowned for its flavor. Combined, these ingredients yield a dish that sizzles with earthy goodness. Using canola oil in the marinade augments the spicy flavors and tenderness of the beef.