Grilled Pineapple with Ginger and Star Anise Marinade
Fresh ginger and whole star anise perfume this healthy, low-fat dessert. Canola oil is used to coat the pineapple before grilling because of both its high heat tolerance and mild flavor.
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated 15 mL
- 2 whole star anise, ground by mortar and pestle
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar 15 mL
- 1 small pineapple, cored and cut in 1/2-thick (1-cm) slices
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon 15 mL
- 2 cups frozen yogurt 500 mL
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- 1. In medium bowl, combine ginger, anise, basil and sugar.
- 2. Add pineapple slices and stir to coat pineapple. Set aside to allow flavors to develop.
- 3. Spray canola oil on grill and cook pineapples until they are marked on both sides and they appear slightly caramelized.
- 4. Sprinkle pineapple slices with ground cinnamon and serve with 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen yogurt. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
2 slices pineapple and 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen yogurt
|Gras saturés||2 g|
Grilled Pineapple with Raspberry Puree
This quick-to-prepare dessert is healthy and simply delicious! I like to serve the lightly grilled fresh fruit with vanilla yogurt. To add a little crunch, accompany with Cinnamon Sugar Triangles.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
This classic cake was made famous by womens magazines after canned pineapple became available in slices. The recipe here gets a fresh, healthy update with canola oil keeping it moist, light and low in saturated fat; the addition of tender, whole-grain pastry flour; and a lovely kick of crystallized ginger to mingle with the pineapple in the caramelized topping. You and your guests will be turned upside down by it!