Salmon with Mango Chutney
- 1/3 cup orange juice 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp finely minced ginger 15 mL
- 2 tsp canola oil 10 mL
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce 10 mL
- 6 salmon fillets (4 oz / 125 g each)
- 2 Tbsp hot mango chutney 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp orange juice 15 mL
- 1. In shallow bowl or re-sealable plastic bag, combine 1/3 cup (75 mL) orange juice, ginger, canola oil and soy sauce. Completely coat salmon fillets with orange juice mixture. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours. Remove salmon and discard marinade.
- 2. In small sauce pan or microwave-safe small bowl, combine mango chutney and remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) orange juice; warm to liquefy chutney.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 ºF (190 ºC). Lightly spray baking sheet with canola oil cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on baking sheet. Brush with chutney mixture.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with fork.
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Asian Orange Soy Marinated Salmon
This Asian-inspired marinade blends together traditional ingredients found in teriyaki sauce such as soy sauce, garlic and ginger, but adds orange juice and chili flakes for a twist. Canola oil showcases these ingredients beautifully while protecting the salmon on the grill.
Autumn Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf
Health professionals recommend increasing the intake of omega 3 fatty acids from foods such as salmon, lake trout, walnuts and canola oil.