A slice of this richly flavored honey and spice cake is perfect for cooler weather. After measuring the canola oil, use the same measuring cup for the honey and it will slide out more easily. Canola oil makes this cake moist and light.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar 250 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1 cup raisins or currants 250 mL
- 1 cup strong black coffee, warm 250 mL
- 1½ cups honey 375 mL
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups unbleached white flour 750 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking powder 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 tsp ground ginger 5 mL
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves 0.5 mL
- 1/2 tsp allspice 2 mL
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon 5 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spray 10 x 4½-inch (25 x 11 cm) Bundt or tube cake pan with canola oil cooking spray.
- 2. In large bowl, cream sugar and oil with electric mixer until well blended.
- 3. In medium bowl, add raisins, coffee and honey. Soak for 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add to creamed sugar mixture.
- 4. In medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cloves, allspice and cinnamon. Stir.
- 5. Add dry ingredients to creamed sugar mixture. Beat until just combined.
- 6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack.
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Honey Peanut Butter And Chocolate Popcorn
Baking with canola oil can reduce your saturated fat intake.
This honey syrup-glazed baklava is a sweet, nutty treat that’s simple to assemble. Brushing the layers of phyllo with canola oil instead of butter yields a light and flaky result with much less saturated fat. See the recipe video below.
This recipe celebrates the beginning of summer with all the luscious flavors you expect from this all-time favorite dessert, but in a healthier and easier way. The biscuits are made better-for-you with canola oil instead of butter and half whole-grain flour. They are simple drop biscuits; no rolling or dough-cutting required. And the whipped cream topping is lightened with Greek yogurt for a subtle tanginess that beautifully complements the fresh berries.