Crisp Salad with Chayote and Orange
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 1 Tbsp orange juice 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar 15 mL
- 1 tsp sesame oil 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey15 mL
- 1 Tbsp orange zest 15 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger 20 mL
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper 1 mL
- 1 large chayote, unpeeled, cut into thin strips*
- 2 cups spinach 500 mL
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into strips
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1. In small bowl, whisk together canola oil, orange juice, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, orange zest, ginger, mustard and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. In large bowl, mix chayote, spinach, bell pepper, orange segments and onion.
- 3. Pour vinaigrette over salad, toss and serve.
- Cook's Note: *May substitute chayote with Asian pear or green apple.
1 1/4 cup (300 mL)
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Artichoke and Spinach Rotini Salad with Tuna
This is an interesting alternative to traditional pasta salad with a ton of great vegetables and flavors to satisfy any palate.
Black Bean and Edamame Avocado Salad
Edamame is a superstar legume! Just 1/2 cup (125 mL) of edamame punches up the fiber, protein and vitamin/mineral content of your diet.
Curried Chicken Salad in Crisp Wonton Cups
Wonton wrappers brushed with canola oil and baked in a mini-muffin tin make deliciously crunchy hors doeuvres that are much healthier than typical pastry cups. Here they hold an aromatic chicken salad that is studded with sweet grapes and crunchy almonds for an appetizer that has a huge wow factor but is surprisingly easy to make