Saskatoon Berry Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar 175 mL
- 3/4 cup Saskatoon berries 175 mL
- 2 Tbsp borage honey 30 mL
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1. Place berries, vinegar and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 4 minutes to soften berries.
- 2. Puree with canola oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Do not crush up all berries, leave some whole for texture. Cool and enjoy. Blueberries can be substituted for Saskatoon berries.
1 cup (250 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
Per 1 Tbsp (15 mL)
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Third Place Winner of the Be a Star! Be a Winner! with Canola Oil Paralympics Recipe Contest.
Saskatoon Berry Pie
If you are from the Canadian Prairies you will be familiar with Saskatoons - sweet, purple berries. As a child my family would head out with pails to our secret patch of wild Saskatoons and return with purple tongues and lips and pails of berries. Although they are wonderful picked right from the bush, my absolute favourite dessert is my Moms Saskatoon pie.