Oyster Mushroom Ceviche with Avocado and Pink Grapefruit
- 1 lb oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 2 garlic gloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped; or 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 avocado, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 pink grapefruit, peeled, segmented
- 1/4 cup scallions, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, seeded and very finely diced (1/8 inch)
- 1. Trim the mushroom stems to the base of the cap and wipe the caps clean with a damp cloth. If the mushrooms are large, cut in half lengthwise.
- 2. In a stainless steel, porcelain or glass bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, salt and canola oil. Mix well with a wire whisk, add the mushrooms, and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 3. Add the avocados, pink grapefruit, scallions and dill. Toss well and let sit again for another 30 minutes. Correct the seasonings with salt to taste.
- 4. Sprinkle with the diced red bell pepper and serve.
|Gras saturés||2 g|
Cranberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Tasty salad using 'super' healthy foods like spinach, cranberries, almonds and canola oil!