- Plastic wrap
- 1/2 boneless, skinless turkey breast, about 1 1/2 lb (750 g)
- 1 1/2 cups Cornbread and Dried Fruit Dressing 375 mL
- kitchen twine
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp marjoram 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp thyme 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp sage 1 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. Place large piece of plastic wrap on countertop. Place turkey breast half on plastic and cover. Cover with additional plastic wrap. Using meat mallet, pound turkey to rectangle about 9-10 X 6 inches (23-25 cm x 15 cm), about 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) thick.
- 3. Remove plastic wrap from top of turkey and spread dressing evenly lengthwise over surface, almost to edge. Roll turkey lengthwise. With kitchen twine, tie roulade lengthwise once and in several places across turkey. Discard plastic wrap.
- 4. In small bowl, mix together spices. Rub canola oil over all surfaces of roulade; rub spice blend evenly over roulade.
- 5. Place roulade in shallow roasting pan, then place in oven. Roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature measured with an instant-read thermometer reads 155 °F (68 °C).
- 6. Remove roulade from oven and let rest 15 minutes before carefully removing twine and slicing into 16 half-inch slices. Serve with Porcini Mushroom Gravy, Warm Apple and Cranberry Sauce and extra Cornbread and Dried Fruit Dressing.
2 slices 4 oz (125 g)
|Gras saturés||<1 g|
Slow and Easy Turkey Breast with Dill
Turkey should be served more than a few times a year. Its economical, oh-so-good for an entrée and yields great leftovers for limitless recipes. Take a break from the norm of sage or rosemary and try a garden fresh, lemon-dill approach on your turkey. Canola oil lets these bright flavors shine through. Slow cooking also helps the dish retain its juices for an extra rich and effortless au jus.