Frozen Grasshopper Pie
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1¼ cup finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies or chocolate graham cracker crumbs 310 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 4 cups mint chip reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt, softened* 1 L
- 1/3 cup chocolate shavings (1 oz/30 g chocolate)* 60 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 9-inch (22-cm) pie dish with canola oil cooking spray.
- 2. In medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and canola oil and mix until combined, then press mixture into prepared pie dish. Bake until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- 3. In large bowl, place softened ice cream and mix well until uniform texture forms, similar to soft-serve ice cream. Fill cooled pie crust with ice cream, smoothing out top. Garnish with chocolate shavings, cover with plastic wrap and put back in freezer until solidly frozen, at least 4 hours.
- 4. When ready to serve, heat knife under hot water and use it to cut pie into slices.
- *Notes: An ice cream or frozen yogurt without green food coloring is recommended. To make chocolate shavings, use a vegetable peeler to peel strips from a thick block of chocolate. If the chocolate crumbles as you make the shavings, put it in the microwave at 10-second intervals to soften it slightly.
|Gras saturés||5 g|
Star Anise and Orange Infused Canola Ice Cream
This sophisticated ice cream features the complementary flavors of star anise and orange, which is made both creamier and lower in saturated fat than its peers with canola oil. Two separate infusions – one with milk and one with canola oil – amplify the aromatics in the final dessert. See the recipe video below.
Banana Chocolate Chip Brownies
The perfect recipe to do with kids! You only need one big bowl and a spoon. Bananas and canola oil make these the moistest, richest, chocolaty brownies ever! Yummy!