Lemongrass Cheesecake with Mandarin Oranges
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2/3 cup graham wafer crumbs 150 mL
- ½ cup skim milk 125 mL
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, chopped (or 3 Tbsp / 45 mL) dried lemongrass)
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese 500 mL
- 1 package (8 oz / 250 g) light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp sucralose brown sugar blend 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch 15 mL
- 1(10 oz / 284 mL) can mandarin oranges, packed in juice, drained
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 °F (165 °C). Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) springform pan.
- 2. Sprinkle graham crumbs into the pan and add canola oil. Carefully spread around and pressing down.
- 3. In a small saucepan on medium, heat milk. Add lemongrass and stir well. Bring mixture to low boil. Remove from heat and allow to stand for at least 20 minutes. Strain to remove lemongrass. Save milk.
- 4. In a blender or food processer, blend cottage cheese until smooth. Add cream cheese, milk, eggs, brown sugar and cornstarch and blend until smooth. Pour over crust.
- 5. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Allow to cool then refrigerate for 4 hours. Remove from pan.
- 6. To serve, slice and garnish with mandarin orange segments and lemongrass, if desired.
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Mini Pear Ginger Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust
These individual cheesecakes are a healthier twist on the classic dessert with dried pears, gingersnaps and canola oil. Sugar plums will be dancing in your head with each bite!
Maple Walnut Chiffon Cake
This chiffon cake tastes even better with Brown Sugar Glaze on top. For best results, chiffon cakes should be baked in a round cake tube pan. This allows for the cake to cook evenly.