Warm Apple and Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 4 large Fuji apples, about 2 lb (1 kg), cored, quartered lengthwise and cut into half-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon 1 mL
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries 60 mL
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional) .5 mL
- 1. In large, heavy saucepan, heat canola oil and add apples. Sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until apples are lightly caramelized. Add water and lemon juice to pan, cook and stir briefly to deglaze pan.
- 2. Carefully transfer apples to bowl of food processor and pulse just a few times to chunky consistency. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and cranberries. Serve warm.
8 servings - 2 2/3 cups (650 mL)
1/3 cup (75 mL)
|Total Fat||1 g|
Porcini Mushroom Gravy
While it sounds luxuriously rich, this gravy is light on calories and fat so you can enjoy all of the flavor with none of the guilt.
This elegant turkey entrée with stuffing offers a unique presentation of America's traditional holiday combination.