Whole Wheat Fusilli with Sautéed Vegetables
- 1/2 lb whole-wheat fusilli or pasta of your choice (about 3 cups) 250 g
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion 125 mL
- 1 cup sliced carrots 250 mL
- 1 cup chopped red pepper 250 mL
- 1 cup chopped zucchini 250 mL
- 2 Tbsp sliced green olives 30 mL
- 1/2 cup basil leaves 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese 45 mL
- 1. Cook fusilli according to package instructions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in large skillet or wok, heat canola oil. Sauté garlic and onion for 1 to 2 minutes until soft but without letting them change color. Add carrots and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for 1 minute. Add olives and pasta. Mix until combined.
- 3. Season with basil, salt and pepper. Garnish with Parmesan cheese before serving.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Marsala wine adds a unique flavor to this dish. There really isn't any substitution for the Marsala wine. It is worth seeking it out to try the dish!
Chicken Parmigiana with Spaghetti Squash
The trick to this crisp chicken parmigiana is "bake-frying". Canola oil is ideal to use in a very hot oven because of its high heat tolerance (smoke point 468 °F/242°C). Using spaghetti squash instead of angel hair pasta provides four times fewer calories per cup (174 versus 42 calories).