Zesty Chicken Wraps
A tasty mixture of chicken and fresh ingredients, served with a dollop of sour cream.
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 2 mL
- 2 tsp ground fennel 10 mL
- 1 Tbsp grated lime zest 15 mL
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint 10 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro 30 mL
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) strips
- 6 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 6 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- low fat sour cream
- 1. In large bowl, combine canola oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, fennel, lime zest, mint and cilantro. Add chicken to bowl and toss and coat chicken pieces with mixture. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. In large non-stick frying pan cook chicken mixture over medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Place chicken on wraps. Add tomato, green onion, cucumber and a dollop of sour cream. Fold and serve immediately.
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Crispy Pork Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps are perfect for get-togethers; guests serve themselves, filling lettuce leaves with pork mixture and garnishes to wrap and eat. No knife and fork required! Here, canola oil’s high heat tolerance is ideal for sautéing and its neutral taste lets aromatics such as garlic and ginger bloom.
Crunchy Chicken Cilantro Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps look fun and festive, especially when they're arranged on a large platter.