Strawberry and Mango Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Strawberry and Mango Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 (5oz/142g) bag mixed salad greens
- 3 cups sliced strawberries 750 mL
- 1 English cucumber, quartered and diced
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large orange, peeled, pith removed and sectioned
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1/4 cup orange juice 60 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a bowl, combine well-washed salad greens, strawberries, cucumber, mango, orange and mint. Toss lightly.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, orange juice, canola oil, sugar and salt and pepper. Pour desired amount of dressing over top of salad and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Crepes can be an excellent main course, appetizer or dessert. Use sweet or savory fillings - fruit, strawberry sauce, whipped topping, chocolate chips, chocolate mousse, custard, cream cheese, sauteed vegetables, cheese, tuna, ham, chicken and a variety of sauces. The list is endless!
This recipe celebrates the beginning of summer with all the luscious flavors you expect from this all-time favorite dessert, but in a healthier and easier way. The biscuits are made better-for-you with canola oil instead of butter and half whole-grain flour. They are simple drop biscuits; no rolling or dough-cutting required. And the whipped cream topping is lightened with Greek yogurt for a subtle tanginess that beautifully complements the fresh berries.
Whole Grain Waffles with Strawberry Rhubarb Topping
These waffles are the ultimate satisfaction, golden brown and full of flavor. Served with a tasty strawberry-rhubarb sauce, they really hit the spot but in a much better-for-you way thanks to the use of canola oil, whole-grain flour and just a touch of maple syrup.