Mixed Greens, Mango and Pecan Salad
This festive salad is not only full of color but has delicious healthy ingredients too!
- 1/2 cup orange juice 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 25 mL
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar 15 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp tequila 15 mL (optional)
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 8 cups mixed greens 2 L
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped 75 mL
- 1/3 cup pecan halves 75 mL
- 2 tsp lime zest 10 mL
- 1. In bowl, mix together orange and lime juices, vinegar, canola oil, honey, tequila and pepper. Season to taste. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- 2. In another bowl, toss together greens, orange, mango, onion and cilantro.
- 3. Drizzle 1/3 cup (75 mL) of dressing over salad and garnish with pecans and lime zest. Serve. Refrigerate remaining dressing for your next salad.
- Cook's note: If you want to spice it up, add some diced and seeded jalapeno peppers.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||5.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Caesar Style Salad With Whole Wheat Croutons
The whole wheat croutons that top this popular salad are a healthier alternative to your regular croutons.
Caramelized Corn and Red Pepper Salad with Chives
Take advantage of your hot grill pan and cook multiple vegetables at the same time. Caramelizing corn and red peppers bring out their natural sweetness, which are complemented by savory chives. The dressing is a light and tangy blend of red wine vinegar, canola oil and smoky cumin - ingredients that enhance the fresh flavors of the vegetables without overpowering them.
Cilantro and Black Bean Farro Salad
Farro is a type of wheat and commonly grown in Italy and the Middle East. It has a nutty flavor with a slightly crunchy texture. Although its a distant cousin to the wheat berry, it cooks in a fraction of the time. Whether you serve it on a bed of spring greens or wrapped in Boston Bibb lettuce its interesting to eat, and makes a fun conversation ingredient!