Zesty Coleslaw with Whole Wheat Tortilla Triangles
A Mexican twist on an old favorite. Beans add protein and flavor!
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/4 cup lime juice 60 mL
- 2 tsp lime zest 10 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro 60 mL
- 1 chipotle pepper (in adobe sauce), finely chopped
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, cut into triangles
- 1 bag (16 oz/450 g) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup sliced celery 125 mL
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion 60 mL
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1. To prepare dressing, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- 2. Place tortilla triangles on foil lined baking sheet. Brush tops with adobe sauce from chipotle pepper. Bake at 375 °F (190 °C) until toasted and crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- 3. Place coleslaw mix in large salad bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients (except for tortilla triangles) as well as dressing and toss ingredients to mix. Serve coleslaw with toasted tortilla triangles.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Baked Empanadas with Beef Filling
Try baked empanadas for a healthy alternative to the traditional deep-fried version.
Balsamic Caramelized Onion, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pita Pizzas
Caramelized onions are slow food at its very best and here make a glorious base for these rustic yet elegant pita pizzas topped with creamy goat cheese.