Creamy Black Bean Stack Dip
With this no-bake, colorful recipe, you'll never toil over the perfect potluck dish again!
- 1 can (15 oz/ 443 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mild or medium picante sauce 125 mL
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus sprig for garnish 15 mL
- 1 medium clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 2 mL
- 1 container (12 oz/ 341 mL) fat-free sour cream
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 can (2.25 oz/ 64 g) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice 15 mL
- fresh vegetables, sliced for dipping
- 1. Combine beans, picante sauce, lime juice, canola oil, cilantro, garlic, and cumin in a blender or small food processor, secure lid, and puree until smooth. Place mixture in 9 inch pie pan and spread evenly over all using the back of a spoon. Top with remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- 2. Serve with variety of fresh vegetables for dipping, such as sliced cucumber, yellow squash, and bell pepper. Garnish dip with sprig of cilantro.
- Tip: Adding the lime juice at the end prevents the avocado from discoloring.
1/3 cup (75 mL)
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.4 g|
A vibrant take on a Mediterranean classic, this unique hummus uses beets to add tangy taste and vivid color. Canola oil adds a smooth and light texture to this creamy dip.
Chile Con Queso (Cheese & Green Chili Dip)
When tomatoes are in season and abundant, this is a tasty way of serving them as an appetizer.